Thursday 17 January 2013

New Forum

If you look at the top menu you'll see a new forum has been added to the blog.  This is pretty simple stuff but I think it's a much better option than the Whatever page and will give us a platform for requests, and also general troubleshooting (although we'd still like to keep pedal specific troubleshooting in the relevant post so that things are kept together to assist others who may have similar problems), or even a general chat about anything you like! :o)

The downside is that you'll have to create a forum account, but it's a really quick process and it would be nice if everyone kept the same user names so we know who everyone is.

The forum software we have used is ad free for 30 days, then it adds a single ad to every new thread below the first post.  We'll keep an eye on this though and if it's too intrusive we'll look at other options.

Sign up if you want to join in.

6 comments:

  1. Well, let me be the first to say, Mark, you and miro are a huge resource to the DIY community. Massive, ridiculously amazing resource. I can't thank you enough for the help you've provided me, and others. Keep up the amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I can just agree to what Mike just said!
    Might so be that Sabros page got me into this DIY thing but this blog has really made a diffrence for me after that. Without it, i would'nt enjoy the internet as much. I check in here at least 10 times a day.
    I still need more time tho to teach myself drawing veros from schems but that day will come. And the new forum tab, i've been waiting for that one! Really good call! And as you said, pedal troubleshooting should be written in the comments, that's one of the things i love so much about this page, reading the comments and be able to share with each other instantly.
    - jimmie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't have said it better dudes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HUGE thanks to you!! hope this works out as planed

    ReplyDelete
  5. loving it. All the time I've been visiting here it's always felt more like a community rather than reading one persons blog, the forum will reinforce that. kudos geezer ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree mate, everyone has definitely played a big part in this place. If it were just a blog with no community interaction we'd only have about 30 verified layouts :o) I always wanted a forum on here because I like the idea of the chat being, at least potentially, more in real time and with more contributors. The embedded forum seemed like the best way to do it here, although I still think that some time soon I'm going to have to set up a domain away from Blogger where all this is integrated. But we'll worry about that later and keep bolting things on in the meantime! :o)

      Delete