Although the layouts look different, this is extremely close to the Dyna Comp, I just rejigged things around to make the best use of space. Unfortunately I needed an extra 3 rows, but c'est la vie. Here is a summary of the differences between the Ross Compressor and the Dyna Comp:
- 1M resistor from Q1 base to vbias changed to 2 x 470K in series with a 1u cap from the junction of the two to ground.
- 470K resistor from trimmer 2 to supply changed to 2 x 220K in series with a 1u cap from the junction of the two to ground.
- Direct connection of Q1 collector to supply changed to 10K resistor with 1u cap from collector to ground.
- Sustain pot 500K reverse log
- Output pot 100K linear
- There was also a 1u cap from vbias to ground but I'd already included a 100u in this position in the Dyna Comp as a more effective noise filter.